Beef Kabobs – Delicious with Brown Sugar and Curry Marinade
Sometimes you read a recipe and there is just something about it that makes you want to try it right away. The only problem with this recipe was, we were pretty sure the picky people at the table weren’t going to like it.
Well, boy where we were wrong. Everyone loved these Curried Steak Kabobs, and it was definitely a pleasant surprise. So when you pull out those grills this summer, let this be one of the first recipes you prepare.
These Steak Kabobs are from the delicious cookbook called – Kabobs! Just perfect for the start of summer. You can pick up a copy of Sally Sampson’s Kabob Recipe book right here -> KABOBS.
Following is the exact recipe for making these super-delicious Steak Kabobs on your grill.
We know you’re going to just love these delicious kabobs!
Your Family will Love these Curried Beef Steak Kabobs for Summer Grilling
- 1-1/2 sirloin steak, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup dry sherry we used sweet
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt & pepper
Place sherry, mustard, soy sauce, brown sugar and curry powder in a medium bowl and mix well to combine.
Add the beef cubes and coat each piece.
Let marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Remove meat from marinade and thread onto skewers.
Grill until meat is cooked through, turning ever few minutes.
Beef coated in a curry-laced marinade. Fall in love with curry powder, it’s a healthy choice for spicing things up!
Tips for Better Beef Kabobs
- Always soak your wooden skewers before making your kebobs so they won’t burn on the grill.
- Try to cut all the beef the same size so it cooks at the same rate.
- Use sirloin steak cut into smaller pieces. Stew meat pieces will not make a tender kabob.
- Cook baby potatoes in water for about 7 minutes. Add to the skewers with the beef.
- Serve these delectable curried kebobs over yellow rice.
- Serve these beef kabobs on fresh Pita Bread and a delicious Tzatziki Sauce.