Clean & Healthy Grilled Chicken and Shrimp Kabobs
This meal is clean, healthy and quick! Sometimes a simple meal turns out to be the best meal.
When buying shrimp always look for wild-caught vs. farm raised. Wild-caught shrimp are the healthiest shrimp to eat because they are caught in their natural environment.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about how your food was raised if it’s not clear upfront.
Even if shrimp isn’t always in the family budget, it’s nice to have these crustaceans on the dinner table occasionally. Shrimp is very healthy and contains selenium, calcium, iodine and protein; much needed nutrients in our diets.
Save money by adding chicken and shrimp to these tasty kabobs! It’s nice to mix things up for a change, but adding shrimp to your weekly menu can be a little pricey if you have a large family. That’s why we love these easy kabobs because they have both shrimp and chicken to cut down on the cost.
Great recipe if you are looking to eat healthy - yummy chicken and shrimp kabob
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts cut into small chunks
- 1/2 lb. wild-caught shrimp shelled, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small lemon
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small zucchini cut into small slices,lightly salt & pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Mix together all spices including salt and pepper.
Lay chunks of chicken and shrimp in a Pyrex dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with spice mix, coating all sides and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Place chicken on skewers alternating chicken with zucchini and tomatoes
- Place shrimp on 2 skewers.
- Grill chicken for about 8-10 minutes and shrimp for about 4-5 minutes, turning a few times during cooking.
Serve these delicious chicken and shrimp kabobs over some healthy and easy healthy yellow rice.