Cinnamon Butternut Squash Roasted in the Oven
The smells and tastes of fall would definitely include cinnamon and butternut squash. What’s even better is this delicious butternut squash cooked with cinnamon, butter and brown sugar!
If you’re new to butternut squash, start out by simply roasting it in the oven. It’s fairly easy to prepare with only a few simple steps.
How to Prepare Butternut Squash with Cinnamon and Brown Sugar
- Use a heavy-duty knife to cut the outer shell.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and the stringy pulp.
- Lay the 2 sides of squash on a foil-lined cookie sheet or a baking dish flesh side up.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Place dabs of butter on squash and in the well of the squash.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for about 1-1/2 hours or until the squash is easily pierced with a fork.
Enjoy that roasted butternut squash!
Don’t toss the butternut seeds! Roast them!