Easy and Delicious Cream Chipped Beef – Delicious Gravy Over Biscuits –
This old-fashioned meal of chipped beef with a creamy gravy is still loved by many and brings back fond memories of a meal that your Mom would of made on a cold and wintry day.
Even though this is a simple meal with a few simple ingredients, you are going to love this creation down to the very last little bite!
This is a quick and delicious dinner that uses convenience foods to make an irresistible salty, mushroom-beefy creamy gravy that goes over hot flaky biscuits. Pure Yum. Yes, we love this stuff.
This is one of those “splurge” recipes that you make when you have a bad day or just need a little comfort in a bowl.
Comfort food that is easy and delicious for a chilly day.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 medium hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (4.5 oz.) jar dried chipped beef, chopped
- 1/4 teapoon salt
- 6 biscuits (baked)
Bake biscuits according to package directions.
Add cream of mushroom soup to a medium sauce pan and slowly stir in the milk.
Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a light simmer.
Spoon hot chipped beef gravy over biscuits and serve!
Creamed Beef or S.O.S or (Shi* on a Shingle) was a very popular wartime food. Dried beef was easy to ship overseas and kept well and so was canned milk. Together the two made a “somewhat” delicious meal that was served over cold muffins or toast.
There are many recipes for homemade chipped beef with a cream gravy, but this is by far one of our favorites. Not only is it quick to make, but it really is comfort in a bowl.
A Few Tips For Making Cream Chipped Beef –
- Add another can of mushroom soup and 1/2 can of milk to stretch this even further. Don’t forget to add a few more chopped eggs as well.
- Add a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Chipped beef keeps a long time in your pantry along with cans of cream of mushroom soup. Keep some on hand and all you will need to pick up from the store is biscuits, or keep the ingredients to make biscuits on hand!
You will also love our Old-Fashioned Chicken & Biscuits –