Chicken with Parmesan Cream Sauce
Here is one of our all-time favorite chicken recipes! Chicken with Parmesan Cream Sauce Cooked with Spinach and Sun-dried Tomatoes! Simply Yum!
Delicious chicken cooked in a Parmesan cream sauce (similar to a delicious Alfredo sauce) is simply an amazing meal, but we kick this chicken recipe up a few notches with the addition of some Pecorino cheese.
Pecorino Romano is a well known and distinctive Tuscan cheese made from 100% sheep’s milk. It is sometimes used interchangeably in recipes with the more mild Parmesan. However due to Pecorino’s stronger flavor profile, this isn’t always an ideal swap.
With this recipe, the stronger flavor of Pecorino Romano is balanced with an equal amount of Parmesan to create a flavorful cream sauce that isn’t overwhelming. Of course, the ratio of Pecorino to Parmesan can be easily adjusted up or down to suit individual tastes.
Try this Chicken Skillet Dish Straight From Tuscany! Show Your Family How Delicious Dinner Can Be!
- 1-3/4 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 large cloves garlic, smashed
- ¾ cup half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/3 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ cups baby spinach
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place chicken breasts between two layers of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to a uniform thickness. Discard plastic and transfer chicken to a clean work surface. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic for several minutes until golden brown. Remove garlic with a slotted spatula and discard.
- Add chicken to hot skillet and cook until golden brown on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add half & half and chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Add oregano and grated cheese to skillet and whisk until cheese is completely melted, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to just below medium and add the sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tomatoes are softened and the spinach wilts.
- Add chicken and its juices back to skillet and simmer for another 3-5 minutes, or until chicken is heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Remove from heat and serve immediately with a side of Tuscan White Beans.
We hope you enjoy this scrumptious Chicken with Parmesan Cream Sauce! This is one of our favorite recipes, so we think you will love it!