Butternut Squash Noodles with Sage and Butter
This week, take advantage of some of the newest “pre-packaged “convenience” foods that are actually good for you! These new packages of “zoodles” are a time saver that puts healthy side dish on the table in no time.
This butternut recipe features one time-saving convenience item that won’t have a negative impact on your health!
You can now find pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles” in most larger grocery stores and they are absolutely perfect for those nights when you need to get dinner on the table quickly.
Running short on time but want a healthy side dish! Buy these healthy and delicious "all the work done for you" butternut squash zoodles!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles”
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they cook evenly. When noodles are slightly softened, remove from pan and set aside. Keep warm.
Add butter to pan and heat until melted. Stir in chopped sage and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Return butternut squash noodles to pan and toss to coat in sage butter mixture. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve immediately with your favorite entrée or as a light main course.
Healthy Benefits of Including More Butternut Squash in Your Diet-
- Great Source of vitamin E and A which is awesome for your skin.
- Also includes vitamin B-6, thiamin, niacin, manganese and iron.
- Low in fat and calories.
- Full of healthy fiber.
- Cinnamon goes nicely with butternut squash, but you could substitute other spices as well – such as allspice, ginger or a bit of ground cloves.
If you are brand new to squash cooking —> follow along as we bake a whole butternut squash —> Butternut with Cinnamon Recipe.
Love Zoodles as Much as We Do? Grab this Zoodle Spiralizer Cookbook today!
Where to Buy These Healthy and Delicious Prepackaged Zoodles?
You can find these prepackaged zoodles at most large grocery stores. We found this delicious brand at Whole Foods. Talk about a time saver!
Want another great chicken dish that is deliciously different? Try our Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe!