Benefits of Cooking and Eating at Home and Benefits of Cooking at Home vs Eating Out
1. Cooking at home is one of the most important things you can do for you and your family’s health.
2. You control portion sizes, which helps control the size of your family!
3. Kids love routine and rituals. Dinner hour would be considered both.
4. You control the salt, fat, and sugar that goes into your foods.
This is one of our favorite pitches for cooking at home! You control all that fats, salt and sugar that is loaded into fast foods. When you cook at home, you have control over the ingredients you use, which means you can choose healthier options like fresh produce, whole grains, and lean proteins that contain no additional additives. Just healthy fresh foods.
Now with the importance of organic foods vs. traditional foods, you can control which organic foods comes into your house.
5. You save tons of money!
6. Families that eat at home eat more vegetables.
7. Families that eat meals together get more bonding time.
It is true that children that have home-cooked meals together are a little closer to their parents. Bonding time over meals is very powerful, and this is also a good chance to fill your kids (and parents) with wisdom gained from the other folks at the table.
8. Spend time cooking with the kids.
9. You know where your food came from and how it was raised.
Well, we certainly have learned a lot in this decade about how our food is being prepared and raised. There are many questionable practices that we have just recently become aware of. When you shop for your own food, you have a chance to read all the food labels and become more aware of what is in the food.
10. Cooking at home will make you a much better cook!
Every time you cook at home you get just a little closer to Julia Child! If you strive to make cooking fun, you will find that you really don’t mind pulling out those pots and pans and you will become a much better cook.
Conclusion – It really is healthy to cook and eat at home, but sometimes it’s just not possible. Remember – cook extra and freeze some for those times you don’t have time to cook, instead of ordering out. Finding time can be a challenge, but hopefully here at DinnerPlanner.com we can provide some much needed help.
You Will Love Some of Our Popular Articles