Beef Stroganoff with Ground Beef
It’s time for dinner – are you looking for quick, easy and delicious? How about thrifty? Look no further than this simple beef stroganoff made with ground beef hamburger! Every home cook needs and easy stroganoff recipe in their monthly rotation and we think this one is perfect.
Ground Beef Stroganoff –
- Add butter, oil and onions to the skillet, cook about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook 3 more minutes.
- Add beef to the skillet and cook until beef is browned, salt & pepper as it cooks.
- Sprinkle beef mixture with flour – stir in tomato paste and then beef broth.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes then serve over cooked egg noodles!
This Ground Beef Stroganoff recipe is delicious and cooks up in about 15 minutes or less. We add tomato paste to our stroganoff to give it a bit of that “old fashioned” taste.
Super-Delicious and Easy Meal with this Beef Stroganoff with Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/4 lb. lean ground beef or hamburger
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
Cook onions in butter and oil until soft. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Lightly salt and pepper mushrooms after a few minutes of cooking and sprinkle with a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce.
Add ground beef and continue to cook until beef is cooked through. Lightly salt and pepper again and sprinkle with a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce.
Carefully drain off most of the grease.
Sprinkle beef with flour and stir to combine. Add the tomato paste and stir through again.
Stir in the beef broth. Bring to a light simmer and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve over egg noodles.
Serve this delicious beef stroganoff over cooked egg noodles.
Browning the mushrooms and onions in just a little bit of butter and oil gives this beef stroganoff a lot of flavor.