Learn how to make this delicious and crunchy Asian Salad with Cabbage with a fresh and tasty peanut dressing.
Cruncy Asian Salad with Homemade dressing for a healthy side dish for dinner or add some chicken for a nutritious lunch.
Asian Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing
If you “are what you eat” then you need to be eating this healthy salad! Cabbage is such a healthy addition to your diet and this recipe uses both green and red cabbage for a nice heathy crunch!
This makes a great potluck addition or a side salad for dinner.
This healthy and super-delicious Asian Cabbage Salad is as healthy as it is colorful. Lots of healthy color in this salad to add a variety of nutrients to your diet. Your family will go “peanuts’ over this salad and eat every last bite.
You can also serve with a side of Sticky Honey Chicken for a spectacular meal.
Beautiful and Healthy is what this Asian Cabbage Salad is!
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup liquid from Mandarin oranges
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups green cabbage. green cabbage
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 green onions. green parts only, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves,chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) can Mandarin oranges, packed in juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt and pepper, to tasted
Start by making the dressing, combine the peanut butter, vinegar, sesame oil, and sriracha sauce in a medium skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and heat, stirring continually, until the peanut butter melts and the ingredients are thoroughly combined, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and whisk in remaining dressing ingredients until combined. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Keep warm.
Combine shredded green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, green onion, and fresh cilantro in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and drizzle with a small amount of the warm peanut dressing. Toss to combine.
Transfer salad to a decorative serving platter and top with chopped peanuts, Mandarin oranges, and sesame seeds. Serve immediately with remaining peanut dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Healthy raw cabbage is one of our favorite ways to get in daily servings of cruciferous vegetables. Make this healthy salad for a light and quick dinner and then pack leftovers for lunch.
What Additions to Add to Your Asian Crunchy Salad?
You Will Love Some of Our Healthy Salad Recipes: