Applesauce Pork Roast – with Honey and Apples
Dinner is healthy and delicious with this applesauce pork roast with applesauce, honey and fresh apples. Our favorite cut of pork is the pork tenderloin which always turns out a tender and juicy pork recipe that the whole family will love.
Serve this recipe with yummy roasted sweet potatoe cubes and green beans you have yourself a tasty and healthy grand slam dinner!
Perfect Dish for the Holidays - Pork Roast with Applesauce and Honey
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 3 medium firm apples, cored and chopped
- Place oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine applesauce, honey, Dijon mustard, and rosemary leaves in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Generously season the pork roast with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook until browned and evenly seared on all sides, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spread half of the applesauce mixture all over the top and sides of the pork. Arrange the chopped apples around the sides of the pork and place in the pre-heated oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and flip the pork. Brush with remaining applesauce mixture and return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and cover loosely to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Pork tenderloin is one of our favorite and easiest cuts of meat to cook for dinner!
If you have never tried your hand at cooking pork tenderloin, this will be one of your favorite weeknight meals.