Turkey and Black Bean Chili for Healthy Dinner
Just because a dinner recipe is quick to prepare doesn’t mean it’s not healthy. This dinner of delicious black bean chili meets so many requirements for a healthy family meal that you will be tempted to make it often.
Low in fat and high in fiber are two things that help to make this a sensible dinner in your monthly rotation of recipes.
This is definitely a “Clean Eating” recipe the whole family will love.
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or soup pan, brown ground turkey in olive oil along with the onions and garlic.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
This black bean and turkey chili is perfect for any season!