Tasty Indian Butter Chicken –
Let me start off by saying this is one incredible dish, please don’t be intimidated by the list of ingredients. They are mostly spices and the most time consuming part of this dish is cooking the chicken.
You will love how all the spices come together to accomplish the final product.
Feel free to taste the sauce as your cooking to adjust any of the spices to your desired taste.
Please let me know how well you enjoyed this dish and if you made any adjustments to the recipe.
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. chicken cut into cubes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 tablepoons butter, divided in half
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoon Garam Marsala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cilantro to Garnish
- Naan Bread
- Jasmine Rice
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and brown the pieces of chicken. Set aside when you’re done.
- Melt the other 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until clear. Add the garlic, garam masala, ginger, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine, and cook for about 1 minute before adding the tomato sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook for five minutes before adding the cream. Bring the mixture back to a simmer, add the browned chicken, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep the heat low here — not a to boil.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, alongside Jasmine rice and naan bread.
If you have any questions about making this Tasty Indian Butter Chicken, Please let Fredo know!