Spanish Rice with Salsa that is So Easy to Prepare
We love Spanish rice and make it lots of different ways. Here is one our favorite ways that uses jarred salsa to make this delicious Spanish rice when you don’t have time to fuss with a side dish.
Spanish rice with jarred or homemade salsa is easy because there is no chopping onions or vegetables and very little prep work to be done.
See if you can find a good organic salsa without a lot of additives to make this delicious rice. This rice with salsa is prepare on the stove top in about 20 minutes.
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon chicken soup base
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- Stir everything together in a medium saucepan except for the rice.
- Add the rice and stir to combine.
- Bring to a light boil.
- Cover; reduce heat and cook gently for 18-20 minutes.
Spanish rice with salsa is as easy as it is delicious. Serve with some pan-fried pork chops and a side of sauteed spinach for a quick and easy meal.