Spaghetti Sauce with Ground Beef
Growing up in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, there was one thing that all kids loved to hear when they asked “what’s for dinner?”
IT WAS – SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE!
This was a favorite dish of both kids and moms alike because it’s so delicious and so simple to prepare. It only takes about 5 minutes to cook the onions and ground beef, and maybe another 4 or 5 minutes to make sure the added sauce was heated through.
This is the best ground beef meat sauce recipe!
The ground beef is lightly seasoned with spices and the sauce of choice was always Ragu Original. Of course you can use any sauce you like, but Ragu makes a spaghetti sauce that is perfectly seasoned and not too sweet.
If money was tight, then this was the perfect meal to cook. You could easily get a big filling dinner on the table that included bread and salad for under $10.00!
The best way to get the full deliciousness of this pasta dish is to add some sauce in with the spaghetti as soon as the spaghetti is drained. Want to make it even better? When you drain the hot pasta, swirl in about 1-2 tablespoons of butter.
- 3/4 box of thin spaghetti
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to directions.
- While spaghetti is cooking, start the sauce.
- Using a large skillet, cook onions and garlic in small amount of oil until tender.
- Add the ground beef and saute, breaking up the beef with a spatula as you cook.
- Sprinkle cooking beef lightly with salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic salt.
- When beef has been cooked through, add the sauce from the jar.
- Add a little bit of water to the jar and shake to remove any extra sauce from the jar.
- Pour into the sauce and stir well.
- Heat through until sauce is hot and bubbly.
- Mix a little bit of the sauce with the hot drained spaghetti.
- Serve the spaghetti on a plate and add a little extra sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Jarred spaghetti or pasta sauces have come a long way. Ragu makes a delicious organic sauce and their traditional sauce is still awesome.
We are in no way paid to mention or use Ragu Pasta Sauces so you know that we do really love them!
Brown the ground beef with lots of onions and garlic! Browned ground beef, onions, garlic and tomato sauce – double yum.
** Make a little extra pasta to have a quick & easy dinner later in the week. Read more on how to store cooked pasta so it’s as fresh and tasty as the day it was made.