Skillet Chicken with Garlic and Tomatoes & Black Olives
We call this chicken cooked in the skillet with lots of garlic, tomatoes and black olives Chicken Jaymee. This is a quick and healthy dinner that only takes a few ingredients to churn out a delicious home-cooked meal.
This is a great meal to prepare on those days when you have a long list of things to do and none of them involved cooking.
Dinner is a breeze to prepare and this meal can be made in any weather conditions! Summer just serve with rice and lots of corn on the cob. Winter just serve with a side of buttered noodles.
- 1-1/4 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Place chicken breasts between 2 layers of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/2" thick.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, and pepper.
- Using a large skillet, cook both sides of all chicken pieces in olive oil and melted butter until browned.
- Remove chicken to a plate and add garlic to the skillet.
- Cook garlic for about 2 minutes being careful not to burn.
- Add chicken back to the skillet and add tomatoes, olives, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.