Salmon and Scrambled Eggs for a Healthy Breakfast
Serving a side of salmon for breakfast is a great way to start the day. Whether you make the salmon fresh, or serve leftover salmon, it goes really well with fluffy scrambled eggs.
We make this salmon with a little orange juice and rosemary. The taste is light and gentle making it perfect for a delicious breakfast.
- 1 lb. fresh salmon
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using about half of the oil, lightly grease just the bottom of a 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Lay salmon skin side down in the dish.
- Pour orange juice over top of salmon.
- Brush the remaining oil on top of the salmon.
- Sprinkle salmon lightly with salt & pepper and then with the rosemary.
- Bake in the oven uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
To make quick scrambled eggs, crack three fresh eggs into a medium bowl and add 3 tablespoons milk or cream. Lightly salt and pepper egg mixture. Gently whisk eggs using a fork until eggs are blended with the milk.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter into a medium skillet. When butter is melted and skillet is hot, pour egg mixture into skillet. Let eggs sit in skillet for about 30 seconds and then start pushing the eggs around using a spatula. Do this until the eggs are fluffy and cooked all the way through.SHARE THIS STUFF!