Ricotta Cheese and Tomato Sauce Recipe – With Pasta
You will love this fresh & tasty ricotta with tomato pasta that is perfect for summer and using those summer tomatoes if you are lucky to find yourself with some fresh homemade pasta sauce.
You will love the addition of the ricotta cheese with the tomato sauce that makes it just a little bit different than your typical spaghetti sauce.
You can use any type of spaghetti style pasta or even egg noodles for this recipe and it will work just fine.
- 1 lb. linguini
- 1 (15 oz.) container fresh ricotta
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic and onion in olive oil until soft and transparent.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Add Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper stir again.
- Add crushed tomatoes and tomato paste mix well and let simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Serve over pasta and some additional Parmesan cheese
Serve Tomato Ricotta Pasta with a Simple Caesar Salad.
EASY CAESAR SALAD
1 bunch of green leaf lettuce
1 bottle Kraft Classic Caesar salad dressing
1/4 cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup seasoned croutons
salt and fresh-ground pepper
Wash lettuce and tear into bite-size pieces. Place lettuce in a salad bowl, and pour in desired amount of salad dressing. Stir to coat. Add parmesan and croutons, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add additional parmesan and croutons, if desired. Serve immediately.