Quick & Easy Skillet Creamy Tuna Noodle Recipe
This Quick Skillet Tuna Noodle Recipe is perfect for busy nights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook or fuss with dinner.
Here at DinnerPlanner.com we LOVE tuna noodle casseroles! If you have a favorite recipe send it to us, and if we post it you will win a $25.00 gift card!
Tuna noodle casseroles were the famous “comfort food” back in the 60’s and 70’s and beyond. Who didn’t love the warm cheesy noodles that were slathered in delicious cream of mushroom soup!
If you were super-lucky, Mom would toss on handfuls of crushed potato chips and bake the casserole until it was bubbly, hot and crispy.
Here is an easy skillet tuna noodle recipe that will get you through even the most hectic days! Enjoy!
- 10 ounces medium-sized egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups petite frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack /Cheddar Cheese blend, Shredded
- 2 (6.4 oz) packages Starkist tuna in water
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Stir in the flour until well blended. (Works well using a wire wisk.) Gradually stir in one cup of milk, stirring well to combine. Continue adding the rest of the milk, chicken broth, and salt stirring continuously until reaches a light boil. Add the noodles and stir through to combine. Simmer for about 5-6 minutes, stirring often. When noodles are tender, stir in tuna fish and peas. Remove from heat; add Monteray/Cheddar cheese to top of the noodles. Cover until cheese melts.