Peach Cake Recipe using Fresh Peaches
This is a great end of summer peach cake recipe that uses fresh peaches.
Your family will love this delicious and fresh Peach Cake topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped Cream. The riper the peaches the better!
A little end of summer peach dessert!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 very ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and Flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter and 1 cup of the sugar for 3 to 5 minutes on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, then the sour cream and vanilla, and mix until the batter is smooth. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix just until combined. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Spread half of the batter evenly in the pan. Top with half of the peaches, then sprinkle with two-thirds of the sugar mixture. Spread the remaining batter on top, arrange the remaining peaches on top, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake the cake for 45-55 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and top with whipped cream.