Parmesan Garlic Shrimp Recipe with a Delicious Dipping Sauce
This warm garlic and Parmesan shrimp dish is packed with wonderful flavors, but the real breakout star is the versatile roasted garlic dip!
This easy dip is delicious as is, or it can be customized with your favorite herbs and spices, such as dill or parsley, to create a variety of flavor combinations.
Try this dip with fresh vegetables, as a tasty sandwich spread, or stir some into your favorite creamy soups or mashed potatoes for an extra pop of flavor.
Make this for a delicious party appetizer or serve over a bed or rice for a quick dinner!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
Roasted Garlic Dip Ingredients:
1 large garlic head
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ cup sour cream
½ cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon organic lemon zest
2 teaspoons ground cumin
Optional: 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Garlic-Parmesan Shrimp Ingredients:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 lbs. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
Will also need:
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the roasted garlic dip, slice a thin sliver from the head of garlic, just enough so the cloves are exposed. Drizzle the cloves with olive oil and place the whole bulb on a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Place in the pre-heated oven and roast for 40 minutes, or until the garlic is tender and creamy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- While the garlic is cooling, prepare the garlic shrimp seasoning by combining the olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, ground cumin, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large glass or other non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the prepared baking sheet and place in pre-heated oven to roast for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp are just firm and pink. Do not overcook.
- While the shrimp is roasting, squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a blender or food processor. Add sour cream, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper, if using, and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Remove shrimp from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and fresh parsley. Toss to combine when just cool enough to handle. Serve immediately with the creamy roasted garlic dip. Enjoy!