Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes
When you cut delicious sweet potatoes into cubes and then roast them in the oven … it’s pure yum! This is one of our favorite ways to prepare our beloved sweet potato – and they always turn out perfectly.
You can eat roasted sweet potatoes for breakfast with your poached eggs, or you can eat them rolled up in a flour tortilla with a little sausage and cheese.
Are short on healthy side-dish ideas for dinner? Try these roasted sweet potato cubes along side your awesome oven fried chicken!
Below are directions for 1 large sweet potato, but after you learn how to prepare these, make a couple of foil packets at a time and store some to eat all week or a side dish for dinner.
1 sweet potato has 120% of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is a antioxidant and plays an important role in our health. If you are looking for ways to increase your Vitamin A, eat sweet potatoes often.
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Tear off a large piece of foil.
Place sweet potato cubes on the foil in a single layer.
Drizzle with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Stir around using your fingers.
Wrap the foil tightly and crimp the ends.
Bake for about 20 minutes.
Bake a little longer depending on thickness of your cubes.
- When working with potato cubes, try and make all the cubes the same size if possible.
- If you don’t want to use your fingers to stir, put the cubes in a small bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until the cubes are well coated with oil. Place cubes on the foil in a single layer.
- Instead of garlic and rosemary, try adding a little cinnamon and brown sugar. [YUM]
- Peel the sweet potato with a potato peeler and cut cubes with a sturdy sharp knife.
- Use roasted potatoes instead of hash browns for a healthier breakfast.
- Never be afraid to add lots of garlic if you enjoy it. Garlic is so healthy and good for you so it makes a great addition.
Sweet potatoes are so healthy that you should eat them at least a couple of times a week. Read add more sweet potatoes to your diet.