Refreshing Mixed Berry Salad
When you find yourself visiting your local farmers’ market, and the berries are super-delicious looking, grab some extras to make this healthy and refreshing mixed berry salad with raspberry vinaigrette.
Berries are considered so nutritional, it is recommended we eat them at least 3 times a week. Most people add berries to their morning smoothie, but a salad with berries can make a great meal on a day when it’s too hot to cook.
So go grab those berries!
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed, stem removed, and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, washed
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Add vinegar, raspberries, lemon juice, and olive oil to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and taste. Adjust other flavors to achieve the desired balance. Set aside.
- Add lettuce, mint, strawberries, blackberries, and toasted almonds to a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette and serve immediately on chilled salad plates for a refreshing appetizer.
Note: In the heat of the summer, chill salad plates prior to preparing this recipe.
Fresh seasonal berries and mint give this vibrant salad a refreshing burst of flavor. The addition of raspberries to the homemade vinaigrette lends some natural sweetness to this Whole30-compliant dish.
Nutritional information (per serving)*
Dietary Fiber: 7g
Fat: 7.6g (1g saturated)
*Nutritional information is from HappyForks.com. It is provided for entertainment purposes only.