Low Carb Spaghetti Meat Sauce over Green Beans
This may seem like an odd combination, but if you enjoy green beans and have a love for spaghetti meat sauce, then this is a great meal for you! It’s clean, healthy and delicious without adding the carb load that we normally get from eating big plates of pasta.
You can definitely cook up some noodles or pasta for the kids, but this is a great way to show that a meal can be delicious and nutritious while being low carb at the same time.
This is also a great meal for families that are trying to lose weight or get a little healthier together.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or other ground meat of choice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 bags frozen french-style green beans
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (l lb. 12 oz.) can chunky tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Drain beans and put back in the pan.
- Add butter, salt & pepper to the green beans.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in olive oil until soft, adding garlic when the onions are almost done..
- Add meat to the skillet with the onions and cook until it is cooked through with no pink.
- Drain any grease from the skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Stir and simmer for about 10- minutes.
- Serve over green beans.