Homemade Chicken Nuggets – Made with Ground Chicken for A Healthy Dinner Option
Chicken nuggets for dinner as a healthy food option? Yes indeed! These homemade nuggets are a healthy choice when it comes to cooking up something the kidos are going to love.
Frozen, store-bought, processed, fast food chicken nuggets can be nutritional nightmares. These are not. You bake for 20 minutes, spend about 15 minutes prep time and only use 4 ingredients. You save money and time, and these are so much healthier than anything you could buy away from your home
Young and old – it doesn’t matter when it comes to biting into these little flavorful nuggets of chicken, they are definitely loved by everyone that tries them.
We love making these homemade chicken nuggets for something different for dinner or as a healthy party snack option.
Super-simple. With just a few ingredients and not a lot of fuss, these healthy nuggets are ready in about 25 minutes.
Who can resist these tasty little nuggets dipped in your own freshly-made sauce ...
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of chicken into the bread crumb mixture.
- Coat all over, pressing into a flat, oval, chicken tender shape, roughly 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 375°F oven.
Nothing but fresh ground chicken and a few spices goes into these healthy nuggets.
Dip the nuggets into fresh cheese. Use whatever breadcrumbs you have available. Traditional breadcrumbs or Panko breadcrumbs. Try them both!
Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray and bake for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Make Some Super Simple Homemade Chicken Nuggets That Your Family will Love –
TIPS TO MAKING THE BEST NUGGETS –
- 1 pound of ground chicken will make roughly 20 to 24 nuggets.
- Rinse your hands in warm water a few times and keep them wet, this will help making the patties go quicker.
- Sometimes we make 12 patties and then once they are on the cookie sheet ready to be baked, we cut them in half using a sharp knife.
- Make a fresh and healthy dip by mixing 1 cup plain yogurt with 3 tablespoons of honey.