Healthy Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Healthy roasted garlic potatoes make the perfect pairing for most meat dishes or as a part of a delicious vegetarian meal. If the world’s favorite spud dish is the French fry then roasted garlic potatoes have to come in second!
Potatoes are good for you and healthy to serve a few times a week. Read more about that right here!
Roasted potatoes are a healthier variation of fried, but they taste so delicious and you can feel good about serving them to your family.
A healthy breakfast should include protein, vegetables and a healthy carb. These healthy potatoes can easily be reheated for a breakfast side dish right along side your delicious baked eggs.
Add some chopped rosemary or a handful of chopped fresh chives to enhance the flavor of the potatoes even more!
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and slice them into quarters.
- Place potatoes in a medium sauce pan and fill with water just to cover potatoes.
- Add 2 teaspoons salt to water and bring to a light boil.
- Cook potatoes for about 4-6 minutes depending on size.
- Drain potatoes from the water and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the minced garlic and rosemary; toss lightly until the potatoes are well coated.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, flipping the potatoes a few times during cooking.