Grilled or Baked Bruschetta Chicken
Your New Summer Favorite Grilled Chicken! This chicken recipe is part of a healthy meal plan!
Summer is here and Grilled Chicken Bruschetta is one of our favorite dinners! Packed with tons of summer flavor with garden fresh tomatoes and basil.
We use a robust Balsamic Vinaigrette from Kraft that works well as a marinade for both the chicken and the diced fresh tomatoes.
You don’t have to grill this Chicken Bruschetta, it also bakes well in the oven. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes and you have a delicious dinner that will become a family favorite all summer long.
- Always use thin chicken breasts or pound the chicken thinner with a meat mallet
- You can use dried basil instead of fresh. Start with about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Marinating the chicken should be about 1-2 hours, but you can get away with 1/2 hour. Just baste the chicken with plenty of the vinaigrette while grilling.
- For a little extra kick, add 1/4 cup of chopped purple onions or a little chopped jalapeno pepper.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
Marinate chicken breasts in 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette for 1 hour.
Remove chicken and discard marinade.
Place chicken on foil and grill for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
or if baking - preheat oven to 375 degrees and lay chicken pieces on foil-lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Mix diced tomatoes, basil and balsamic vinaigrette together. Lightly salt & pepper.
When chicken is cooked through, drizzle with a little more vinaigrette dressing.
Top each chicken piece evenly with tomato mixture and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake or grill for an additional few minutes to melt cheese.
Serve with a little extra dressing!