Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs easy Recipe with Garlic and Parmesan
In a world where gluten has become a problem to so many, it’s nice to have delicious gluten-free recipes on hand.
Having gluten allergies and gluten sensitivities doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy our favorite foods, and these turkey meatballs are proof!
These scrumptious, gluten-free meatballs are a real crowd pleaser. Here, traditional bread crumbs are replaced with a hearty portion of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, while a combination of spices and fresh herbs pack tons of flavor into every bite.
These meatballs freeze well, so make a double or triple batch if time allows. Then simply pull out of the freezer, reheat, and serve with spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, or your favorite gluten-free pasta for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 lbs. ground turkey breast
- 1 large (or 2 small) eggs
- 1½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- Pour tomato sauce into 9x13” glass baking dish and spread in a thin layer to cover the bottom and set aside.
- Add ground turkey, eggs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, onion salt, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large glass bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Thoroughly combine mixture with your hands and divide into 24 equal-sized portions. (For larger meatballs, separate into 18 portions). Add more Parmesan cheese, if necessary, to bind the ingredients.
- Gently roll each portion into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving room between each meatball. Place baking sheet in pre-heated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer meatballs to prepared baking dish. Drizzle with additional tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Place baking dish in oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until sauce and meatballs are heated through. Remove from oven and serve immediately with additional tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil, if desired.
Tip: To help the meatballs hold their round shape, bake them on their own first before adding the tomato sauce.
Optional: Additional tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and fresh basil for serving.
Here is a recipe for a quick and tasty tomato sauce –
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1-2 teaspoons crushed red-pepper flakes
1/2 cup tomato paste
2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped and seeds removed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
Prepare the sauce by heating olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and heat until fragrant. Reduce heat to medium-low, then add tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
We hope you enjoy these tasty Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs!