Loaded Potato Soup with Hash Browns in the Crockpot
When the first hint of Fall is in the air, we start making warm & creamy crockpot soups! This Loaded Potato Soup made with Hash Browns is perfect for the colder months when only something warm and comforting will do.
Hash brown potatoes make this soup easy to prepare so it’s perfect for a week night meal. Eat a delicious fully-loaded baked potato with all the toppings in soup form!
Dice the bacon and lightly cook before tossing in the crockpot. Add your onions here as well. Cook most of the way through but do not burn.
- 1 (20-ounce) bag shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed (We love Simply Potatoes)
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 carrot, diced into small pieces
- 6-7 slices of bacon, diced then cooked (save some for toppings)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced fine
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, save 1/2 cup for soup topping
- Sour cream for topping
- Green onions, about 2 sliced for toppings
- Add potatoes, broth, milk, soup, carrots, bacon, onion, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5- 6 hours.
- Add in 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Serve potato soup with extra cheese, dabs of sour cream, extra bacon and green onions.
We always have a bag of Simply Potatoes Hash Browns on hand. There are so many ways to prepare these potatoes that are quick and delicious. Pre-shredded potatoes are perfect for a quick family meal or side dish.
Do you love delicious crockpot soup ideas? Try our Crockpot Wedding Soup!