Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
A hearty slow cooker soup!
If you love simple recipes where you toss a few things in the crockpot and a few hours later you have a delicious meal, then this Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe is for you!
Filled with good things that you can feel happy about serving your family!
Tips for Making The Best Pot Pie Soup:
- Don’t cut up the chicken, it falls apart as it cooks. Stir the soup about half-way through cooking and break up chicken using a fork.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into small pieces.
- One white potato that weighs about 1 pound is the perfect amount for this soup.
- Always have chicken soup base on hand.
- Use 4 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of water if you want to only buy a 32 oz. container of broth.
- Add additional water and soup base at the end of cooking if you want more broth.
- Serve your soup with warm and buttery crescent rolls.
- Add 1 cup less of water to the crockpot and serve the chicken over crescent rolls.
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium white potato (1 lb.) peeled and diced
- 1-1/4 cup carrots peeled and sliced thin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons of chicken soup base
- 1 10 oz bag frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1-1/2 tablespoons flour
Place everything in the crockpot except the peas, half-and-half, Parmesan and flour.
Cook on high for about 3-1/2 hours.
Add peas to the crockpot.
Mix flour with 2-1/2 tablespoons of broth from the crockpot to form a roux
Stir the roux into the crockpot and cook for 30 additional minutes..
You can also follow the same instructions, but cook on low for 6 hours.
Always have soup base on hand while cooking dinner! It goes so well in so many dishes that you just can’t cook without it!