Bunless Turkey Burger for a Quick & Healthy Meal
We love the bunless turkey burger when we’re looking for a quick and healthy meal because it’s so simple! But, one of the really nice things about this dinner is it can be served two different ways.
Serve the burgers bunless with a pile of healthy sauteed veggies, or serve it on a bun with cheese for a delicious turkey burger.
You can’t lose when you cook turkey burgers for dinner. Everyone loves them and they can be served two different ways. Bunless for those that don’t need the carbs, and with a bun for those family members that do need the carbs!
- Grill or pan fry the turkey burgers.
- Buy premade turkey burgers or form your own with about 1/4 lb. of meat per burger.
- Buy 94% lean turkey instead of 99% lean ground turkey, it tastes better.
- Try different vegetables that your family likes. Experiment with your favorite combinations.
- 1-1/4 lb. ground turkey pressed into burgers
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion diced fine
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1 8 oz package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup kale washed and ribs removed. Chopped into small pieces
- Slices of Cheese optional
Sprinkle a small amount of soy sauce on both sides of the turkey burger then lightly salt and pepper.
Grill the burgers about 4- 6 minutes per side.
While the burgers are cooking, saute the onion in oil over medium heat.
Add the rest of the vegetables and cook until the kale and peppers are soft.
Lightly salt and pepper vegetables and add a little more oil if necessary.
When the burgers are cooked through, serve with spoonful of veggies on top!
Colorful Veggies top the Bunless Turkey Burger – Healthy Yes!
Try our Delicious Turkey Burger Recipes