Baked Creamy Chicken
This recipe has been around for about 50 years or so but is still one of our favorites when you are really crunched for time. It makes a delicious gravy that can be served over just about anything.
Pressed for time? Make a hot chicken sandwich. Just make a chicken sandwich with the chicken meat and cover the bread with the delicious gravy.
Make this delicious baked creamy chicken tonight! This recipe works well with any type of chicken. Don’t be afraid to mix and match your pieces.
- Brown pieces of chicken in a little olive oil before placing in the casserole dish. Before browning, season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Add a little cheddar or swiss cheese on top the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Mix a little cheddar cheese in with the soup.
- Sprinkle dry bread crumbs and then the melted butter on top before baking.
- Add some white wine in the soup mixture. About 1/4 cup.
- Brown pieces of chicken in butter and then add 1/4 cup of white wine. Cook for a few minutes until wine is reduced.
- Cook in the crock pot all day on low heat.
- Stir in 1/2 pouch of Lipton Onion Soup mix to the soup mixture.
- Brown onions in butter or oil to add on top of the chicken before pouring over the soup mix.
- About 3 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup 1/2
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray and lay chicken pieces on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and pepper.
- Combine soups, sour cream, butter, milk and dried parsley.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Bake for one hour or until chicken is cooked through.